[Tango-L] Tango-Musik in ?layers?

Tango22 tango22 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 19:30:25 EDT 2010

> Daniel wrote..
> musicality is essential to tango dancing, and an understanding of
> tango structure, even on a non-intellectual level is essential to
> musicality ;)
> And of course training your ears is important, too: since there?s so
> many layers in the music, with different instruments, but not every
> tango student actually has the perfect ears ? I thought it would be
> awesome if there were some classical tangos available where you
> could ?tune out? individual instruments.

Daniel, I recommend you buy Joaquin Amenabar's book and DVD to help
students with dance musicality.  Available shipped from UK or  Germany
from www.joaquinamenabar.com.  You have missed his 2010 European Tour,
but you can always come down to Australia in July for Milonga Para Los
Niños www.milongaparalosninos.net ;))
John