[Tango-L] Tango as World's Heritage by U.N. - UNESCO

Milongas-in.com info at milongas-in.com
Wed Sep 30 19:11:05 EDT 2009

Hello All,

What do you think about the UNESCO declaration for tango (world's heritage).
I can understand it for a monument (for example Acropolis in Athens) but for
a dance, that is actually a social matter is not so clear.

What can be done by UNESCO or maybe the government to preserve tango?

As you know there is today a very big discussion about the nuevo movement.
Here in our list so many years now, we have read so many about it. It is
normal evolution? It is not tango?
How it can be preserved?

What do you think about it in relation with the UNESCO declaration?

Nikos
-------
Nikos Dalamagkas
Heraklion, Crete, Greece