[Tango-L] Harmony and Balance

Amaury de Siqueira amaurycdsf at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 20:46:12 EDT 2009

Bloomington Argentine Tango Organization in conjunction with Minetti Productions, cordially invites you to attend our workshop: Harmony and Balance - A Weekend of Traditional Argentine Tango with Fernanda Ghi and Guillermo Merlo, accompanied by the live tango ensemble Tangamente.

November 13 - 15

Dancers attending this workshop will work on material emphasizing the harmony between dancers and the music while attending to the necessary 'balance' of roles between leaders and followers.  Harmony & Balance focuses on honing dancers' skills in three essential domains of social Argentine tango dance: Musicality, Navigation, and Technique.  The combination of these three separate skills when properly executed improve dancers' floor craft allowing for a smooth movement in the line of dance and an enjoyable dance experience for both leaders and followers.

The workshop's program is : Principles of Navigation I & II, Technique for Salon Tango, Musicality & Musicality Redux as well as 2 practice sessions. Detailed description of all classes may be found online at our website. In addition we are also excited to offer an evening Gala Milonga that will consist of a performance by Fernanda and Guillermo, with musical accompaniment by Tangamente.  This Gala Milonga open to the public at $15 for students, $25 for non-students, and $40 for couples.

Pricing of packages are:
-Beginner package $100  -Intermediate & Advance package $160  -Complete Package (Beginner and Advance classes) $190

**Please note packages do not include attendance to the Gala Milonga.

Additionally, a special yoga for Tango Dancers class will be offered, by an accredited instructor, to help keep you in top shape for this great weekend (pricing for the Yoga classes is yet to be determined).

Fernanda & Guillermo will also be available for private lessons as well.
Scheduling for private lessons will be made available soon online.

The location will be: "Space 101" (101 East 6th Street) Bloomington, IN.

Learn more and register with us at our website - http://www.bloomingtontango.net/

ATTENTION: Check our website to find out when the 90 spaces available for the workshop have been filled. - Gender Balance Control will be implemented when needed.  Please register online to guarantee your place.

Abrazos,
Bloomington Argentine Tango Organization