[Tango-L] Tango on a tile floor in Italian Restaurant

Myk Dowling politas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:01:36 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 19:29 -0400, Noughts wrote:
> If they don't hit anyone, then they cause less issues than those that
> block traffic.. and that happens a lot.

Who? What? You didn't say which group you were referring to. I guess
you're talking about "speedboats", which I guess is referring to leaders
who zoom around the floor, switching lanes, diving into any open gap,
and generally making everyone else nervous because you're never sure
when a space that you knew was there a second ago will still be there
for you to pivot and step into.

I'm generally far less bothered by someone slowing down in front of me
than I am by someone overtaking me along what I thought was the edge of
the dance floor, or suddenly jumping into a small gap in front of me,
especially if I've just turned to face contrary to the line of dance and
am about to wheel back into that gap that I know is there. If everyone
maintains position, dawdlers shouldn't be an issue.

It's not like it's hard to dance in place for a bit when blocked, or
stretch out when there's a gap in front.

Myk,
in Canberra