[Tango-L] World Tango Champions Hiroshi and Kyoko

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Thu Sep 10 03:57:21 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Brick Robbins<brick at fastpack.com> wrote:
>> They say that they avoid to go to downtown milongas, since , in their own words " they are full of foreign visitors". On the nieghbourhood milogas, Kyoko says that is by looking how the vetran couples dance, is where the real tango is.<

I had the pleasure of sharing the floor tonight at TangoLab with
"World Tango Champions Hiroshi and Kyoko." Any snide comments I may
have made quoting Woody Allen, or Groucho Marx or whomever, were based
upon the quote above, and not upon the observed reality, so I withdraw
my comment. I'd guess that the quote above was manufactured for the
article. Of course TangoLab is in Palermo, not downtown, so that part
was correct at least.

I would like to thank list members Cheri, Deby and Dierdre, for
helping introduce me to tango here.

And FWIW, the Buenos Aires I've found in my 3 weeks here so far, bears
little resemblance to the BsAs that I read about on this list, but
that, as they say, is another story....