[Tango-L] Copes on the World tango championship

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Sep 2 15:35:55 EDT 2009

I will translate also a comment from Maestro Copes on this world tango 2009 event. I think it is not necessary to explain who is him. There is a paragraph that I remark in larger bold type.

TO CREATE A COMPREHENSIVE TANGO SCHOOL

It is from the utmost importance to do a Mundial de Tango in Buenos Aires.  Albeit also it is necessary to study and correct several mistakes that are made at organization and evaluation of the juries work, amending the mistakes , because this is new and there is no past story.

It has been invented, for instance , an acrobatic style, when the tango has to be danced to the floor and with feeling.

One of the best things is the enthusiams of the audience. It is like the old tournaments: the one that bring more supporters with him, is the one that got more applause. The effort to creat this world event is huge and will bring as a consequence . maybe, that ther ewill be more study .
We have to creat a comprehensive tango school, in order for the younger people to have a real knowledge also know about the history of this dance, and know deeply what is what hey are dancing.

Juan Carlos Copes - Dancer and coreographer
Clarin newspaper -buenos aires

      Yahoo! Cocina

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/