[Tango-L] World Tango Champions Hiroshi and Kyoko

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 14:34:47 EDT 2009

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the update, Sergio.  And heartiest congratulations to Hiroshi and Kyoko.

> PS. Do you think that there should be competitions in the
> other styles as well?

I don't think it's necessary. The competition is basically divided up into social (salon) tango and show tango.  I think that's enough of a division that encourages creativity but still respects the roots and purpose of the dance.

When the competition first started, I really didn't like the idea of it.  But now, I see where it can help define what is and what is not Argentine tango as it evolves.  That can be a good thing.

Trini de Pittsburgh