[Tango-L] Tango tradicional

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:12:18 EDT 2009

Vince shows the following:

"A couple of real milongas in Seoul, that incorporate a few nuevo moves."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKgvdEMt2ks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vOIKrjWHGI

"Many of the coupless would not be tagged as doing salon or millonguero style.
A Seoul milonga that was identified as "alternative" with what appears to be respectful dancers."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlY6-sDc614

"No need to label a milonga if everyone is respectful. And if not, the host can do something about it I guess."

My answer:

It is of great benefit to have videos so that finally we can know what we are talking about.

Vince these people are dancing "Traditional Tango" using some typical embellishments, such as boleos, amagues, etc.
***They are not dancing Tango Nuevo.***

As to the "Alternative" milonga...the only alternative thing is the music, the dancing is traditional tango as well.

Last time when you picked your marbles and left, you could have learned the difference between "Tango Nuevo", "Traditional Tango" and "Tango Milonguero"
which obviously you do not know. You think that a high boleo is Nuevo tango and it is not.  I am not planning to get into any argument with you.

Respectfully, Sergio