[Tango-L] Tango nuevo milonguero & Gavito mnemonics

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Oct 27 14:06:42 EDT 2009

I once listened to a mnemonic that Gavito sang while teaching milonga steps, more or less it was

" si milonga quieres bailar , nunca tienes que parar ". If milonga you want to dance, you should never have to stop"

and there was another mnemonic for tango , also Gavito

"caminare para arriba los pasos en el abrazo, cada vez " . I will walk upwards the steps into the embrace, each time

 I could open a school of tango nuevo milonguero with this, saying it is the secret mantra for tango :) But I wont :)

what Gavito really try to do was to light our burden , on the tango mnemonic he said " why do you walk as if you were in a mechanical ladder of a subway always downwards ?? think upwards. And walk each step into the embrace, one at a time, my boys , one at a time, why such a hurry.... you are not going to any place, you are just in the place, already arrived, give yourselves a break ...

alberto