[Tango-L] Truth in Tango Advertising & Tango Detente

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Oct 27 13:41:57 EDT 2009

let ´s see... definitions...

modern tango, Boedo, 1929. Why modern ? Because De Caro made an arrangement where his hornet violin, play a counterpoint to the bandoneon of Laurentz ..

nuevo tango , El negro Shicoba, 1867, made in Uruguay .the character described , who can be loose translated as the balck broom , was part of the dancing of candombe or candomble, the afroamerican dance . It has a different pattern of music, so later it was considered the first tango widely known , it is possible that many other music of those years could being played as candombe and was an evolution to tango . Sebastian Piana made an excellent compilation of songs and shoutings of street vendors on the street of Buenos Aires from 1810 onwards , writing it down into musical arrangementes. Although they are no tangos as we considered it now, two centuries later , definitely , El negro Shicoba, have a different music, nuevo.

neotango:maybe on 1897, when Rosendo Mendizabal composed el Entrerriano, using a piano, who was something completely different from the musical instruments used before.

I can keep going backwards to the big bang and the theory the explosion sounded in a 2 x 4 rhytm beating :)

alberto