RE: [Tango-L] ¿Código -- historia?

Maria Olivera ma_olivera at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 23 20:31:30 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

Actually, there's a very interesting piece written about the etiquette
(codes). The website Andy mentions in his earlier message is our website,
and my partner (Gustavo Benzecry Sabá) published his "Embracing Tango -
Techniques and metaphors between tango and life" in 2006, in this book,
there's a whole section where he goes explains the origin of the codes, and
plus, he numbers and explains them all in depth, he checked all this
information with more than a dozen milongueros, including people like Carlos
Gavito, before writing them down.

This book has been travelling with us for 3 years now, it's already in its
second edition, and a big number of Americans have it. You can e-mail us to
prensa at tangosalon.com.ar for further information about it.

Thanks Andy for posting the info before I could do it!.

Cheers,
María Olivera
www.tangosalon.com.ar