[Tango-L] TANGO 2000 ............For DUMMIES (Ecsedy ?ron)

Myk Dowling politas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 02:12:39 EDT 2009

Brian Dunn wrote:
> As far has his "humorous point": If Rick just wanted to use some available
> video to tell his little fictional story, great, have fun, why not - but
> then why go to so much effort to clearly identify the dancers (which seems
> to take the "fiction" out of it, doesn't it?) except for the sake of the
> misleading cheap shot that was my original point?

I've always considered the point of that section wasn't to point to
individuals behaving badly, but to point out the kind of behaviour which
does distress people and lead to people coming away with bad impressions
of nuevo dancers.

Arguing about whether this person or that person dances rudely is
irrelevant. What we should be talking about is "what kind of dancing is
considered rude?" Isn't that a much better discussion? Won't that have a
better chance of getting people to behave in ways that don't annoy others?

Myk,
in Canberra