[Tango-L] TANGO 2000 ............For DUMMIES

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 23:47:04 EDT 2009

> From: Ecsedy Áron <aron at milonga.hu>
>> Theeere we go then. I had that distinct impression that this might be
> the problem. I think I've referred to it as well. This IMO is a very
> Western phenomenon: you are frightened by their sudden moves, and they
> are not really aware of their delta-v or the 'flow' of their movements.
>
> To elaborate on this .....

Aron, whilst I admire your tenacity, for how much longer can you continue
to find excuses for Nuevo dancers. You seem think that, provided they don't
actually physically hit us, they're doing nothing wrong. And if some of us are
mentally disturbed by their antics, that's our fault for not learning to adapt.

It's like the old mothers' saying - "look, all the soldiers are out of step, except
my son".

I have absolutely nothing against Nuevo dancers, or Ballroom tango dancers,
but I just don't want to dance on the same floor. For me, dancing Tango is ALL
about 'feeling' and I don't want to be disturbed mentally. IMHO, a continuous
mental disturbance is far, far worse than the occasional physical bump,

If it's a traditional milonga, everyone should respect that - just as they do in
BsAs, where they have separate 'practicas' for Nuevo dancers, Separation
is the simple answer to the problem.

Btw, congratulations on your successful festival in the beautiful city of Budapest.

Jack.