[Tango-L] TANGO 2000 ............For DUMMIES

Myk Dowling politas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:59:48 EDT 2009

HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com wrote:
> The Solution:
> This is the hard part and I'm not sure I know  the answer perhaps separate
> milongas for Nuevo and Traditional is the only  solution?
> If anyone has any suggestions let the organizers know. If we talk  about a
> challenge we can find a solution.

Most milongas we have here in Canberra are in the traditional style.
Last weekend, we had a "Nuevo Milonga", where all the music played was
modern tango music, with lots of electronica and fusion stuff.

There was a substantial overlap between attendees at this event and our
regular traditional-style milongas. The ronda was operating quite well,
with no more mishaps than usual.

Separate milongas is really not a solution to any problem I'm aware of.
Certainly not where I live.

Myk,
in Canberra