[Tango-L] Aron and Valentin are right II - Hugging Meditation

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:15:22 EDT 2009

In answer to those that asked the reason I suspected Tango was related to the "Chritian religion".

It started when we were teenagers, my friend Julian and I used to go tango dancing every week.

After the milonga Julian always had to go to confession, I do not know what he had done while dancing but judging by the penalty the priest always gave him I was convinced that he had sinned badly. Despite of that he always had a line of girls waiting to dance with him.

IMO Julian was a nice boy. Once we were at a milonga it was 5 am , he was sitting and nodding as he was falling asleep, when an old lady suddenly jumped in front of him and said "yes young man, I do dance", he opened his eyes, stud up and went dancing with the lady. He was never certain if this had been  dreaming or reality.

As to the question may non Chritian dance tango? this is a difficult matter that I would like to refer to Valentin.

We already have Tango Zen,tango meditation, tango hugging and tango trance.
is all this part of the Chritian as well?

Finally I would like to share "Hugging Meditation" with you:

"Hugging Meditation"
"When you hold a child in your arms, or hug your
mother, or your husband or your friend, if you breathe
in and out three times your happiness will be
multiplied at least tenfold.
If you are distracted, thinking about other things,
your hug will be distracted also, not very deep, and
you may not enjoy hugging very much.  So when you hug
your child, your friend, your spouse, I recommend that
you first breathe in and out consciously and return to
the present moment.  Then while you hold him or her in
your arms, breathe three times consciously and you
will enjoy your hugging more than ever before.
It takes time to become comforatble hugging this way.
But to really be there, you only need to breathe, and
suddenly the both of you become completely real.  The
two of you really exist in that moment.  It may be one
of the best moments in your life."
Lovely tangos to all,
Rose
Portland, OR

PS. Once I hugged for one hour and got into trouble because I forgot to breathe.

Make sure you breathe, Sergio