[Tango-L] Aron, I have a question about "nuevo".

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 01:19:30 EDT 2009

> From: Tom Stermitz <stermitz at tango.org>
>
> Nuevo is not a style of tango... >

I really don't know why some people continue to say that. As Sergio has just
written ... "Nuevo is a distinct tango style and easily identified by looking."

Nuevo might well have started out as something else but, IMHO, it has now
clearly evolved into a style of Tango, to join Salon and Milonguero. Most people
can easily recognise these different styles and usually prefer one or another.

You can intellectualize it any way you want but there have been thousands
of posts on Tango-L covering the subject of these 3 'styles' of dancing Tango.

Is everybody wrong?

Jack