[Tango-L] Tango between the covers -- of books!

Margaret Davis manaobooks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 00:02:42 EST 2009

Greetings all,

The posting rules of the list kindly allow one-time introductions of
tango-related professionals and groups, so here goes:

I operate a small bookbinding business in Portland, Oregon, with
increasingly tango-related titles. Last year, I wrote about what it
might have been like to dance tango with Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the
then new leader of Turkey, in 1926. The result was printed letterpress
and "bound" in a cloth-covered box. More recently, I produced A Tango
Diary, which can be used for everything from writing down the dances
to remember, recalling perfect tandas, or making class notes.

Among the future projects is a limited-edition "reader's guide" to
Astor Piazzolla's 1987 concert in Central Park. As part of my ongoing
research for the project, I would love to hear from those who were at
the concert or who have any special memories or experiences attached
to the event or the recording itself. Contact information is on my
site,
manaobooks.com.

Wishing you wonderful dances, Margaret
----