[Tango-L] Interview: Chicho

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 12:03:56 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 11/19/09, Vince Bagusauskas <vytis at hotmail.com> wrote:

> With respect, Chico does not speak
> for what true social Argentine tango is.
> He speaks for a form of tango that he is doing very nicely
> with by way of
> performances and teaching.

I do believe, Vince, that Chicho speaks with an authority that neither you, I, or many on this list can claim - that of growing up in Argentina, being surrounded by tango all of your life, and knowing intimately what tango means to the residents of BsAs.  I also know someone who knew Chicho before he became Chicho, and he was just a regular guy like everyone else.  Went through much of the same process of trying to learn the way other people did.  Although his current dance is different from the traditionalists, I think he has the understanding of classic tango to speak with authority on it.

Trini de Pittsburgh