[Tango-L] FLOORING: HARDWOOD OR LAMINATE?

Brian Dunn brianpdunn at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 19 11:46:34 EST 2009

Hi Paul,

We've been dancing and teaching on our Pergo basement floor for ten years.
Pergo's pretty much indestructible under normal conditions in our
experience, and very easy to clean.  For several years it appeared to be
perfectly smooth.  The we had a massive storm hit while we were on the road
somewhere else, and the basement leaked a little, I'm told.  This brought a
LOT of moisture up into the Pergo installation, and resulted in it not being
mirror-finish anymore - you can see and very slightly feel the seams between
the "boards" - but for tango in high heels it still compares very well with
a good-quality wood floor.  We expect many more happy years of dancing on
it.

Good luck with your project,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, CO USA
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"