[Tango-L] Tanguera/o occupation?

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:09:03 EST 2009

Myk  said:

> Picture a rock and roller, or a salsa dancer.  Don't see many in tango.
> Nor
> do I recall meeting any people that work irregular shift hours like in the
> military doing tango.
You've met me. I work shift hours.

But being an IT person negates that I think.  Still in the town of Canberra
with a high percentage of military types and military colleges, I don't seem
to have met any doing tango.  This topic got me wondering why: maybe because
a gregarious, can do attitude does not mix well with the of tango?  Most of
the tango dancers I have met are reserved and have a calmer nature.  Would
that be most peoples experience?

> And we have
at least one other shift worker (who has far more irregular shifts than
I do) dancing tango in Canberra, who you also know.

Possibly, but I do not know to whom you are referring as it was a long time
ago now. I could count very few dancers in Canberra who came from what are
called blue collar jobs.  I knew one person employed in a desk job in the
aviation sector in Canberra (but doing university studies in a language) who
has "irregular shift hours" who finds it very difficult to make it to tango
events and thus drifted in to other things too.

Vince
in Melbourne