[Tango-L] Tango music and I-Tunes

Susan Munoz susan_munoz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 5 13:36:17 EST 2009

Earlier this summer, I visited a dear tango friend and he showed me how to load my tango music into I-tunes.  This was a very time-consuming and laborious process of entering all the information, song-by-song and it actually took a few weeks in total.  Everything seemed to be working perfectly.  A few weeks passed and he and his significant other came to visit and he opened up my I-tunes library to see how I was doing.  He said, I don't know what you were smoking when you did this but these songs don't match the composer or the genre, etc.  I didn't think much about it until I recently went to create some playlists.  What a mess.  CD's that I had purchased at Z-Vals, or El Ateneo were being scrambled, indicating certain songs were milongas when they were vals, or indicating they were Di Sarli when they were Biagi or worse still, indicating that a tango was Tom Waits. This wasn't limited to CD's from Argentina.  I had purchased a Keb Mo
 CD for a particular song as an entry-level find-the-beat and it, too, was all over the place.

Has anyone on this List experienced any similar problems?  Is there one library-software system that's more reliable than another.  Is there a separate music software system that I should/could purchase that would eliminate this?  I would have thought it was simply operator error but there was no consistency, rather totally random.  I could sure use some help as to what to do as this is extremely frustrating.

Thanks,
Susan