[Tango-L] How many figures do you need?

Noughts damian.thompson at gmail.com
Wed May 20 19:48:34 EDT 2009

Trini

I would agree with this immesely - as a follower, certainly I'm more
limited.  As a leader, I don't have to think anywhere near as much as
most of my leading dance process is now well and truly bedded.

However, when many of the women I know start to lead, they go through
this enormous learning curve and realise just how difficult it is for
the leader and almost immediately have more respect for the leaders
that do not only lead well, but musically and navigate and protect
and...

The same can be said for men learning to follow for whatever reason
that they have, they then understand how much hard it is to follow and
then how important it is to lead clearly - this is why all my male
students learn to do both sides at some point.  The revelations that
they have are very important - especially when it comes to pushing and
pulling with the arms (lets not debate this again...).

Damian