[Tango-L] How many figures do you need?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 11:11:32 EDT 2009

--- On Wed, 5/13/09, www.tango-argentino.info <shop at tango-argentino.info> wrote:

> you need all steps, as much as you like, it's not that you
> have to dance them all, but you need them for to study, for
> improvising, to become free, so that you can dance, walk in any direction, you can turn to the right, to the left, you can dance voleos,
> sacadas etc etc in nearly every position YOU like.

I agree with you, Ricardo.  I know that I have much better flexibility for having learned more complex elements even if I hardly ever use them.  And that has given me freedom of movement, freedom of expression, freedom of spirit.

I like steps.
I like the creativity in how my partners transition into steps.
I like it when I "invent" a movement I feel is mine.
I like being able to express a connection or the music in a number of different ways.
I like being able to dance adventuruously, seductively, playfully, sadly, or quietly with my partner.
I like seeing the personality or mood of my partner come through in his/her dance.

If everyone danced the same, well, how boring would that be?

Trini de Pittsburgh