[Tango-L] 1000 sacadas? More like 48. Was - how many figures

Nussbaum, Martin mnussbau at law.nyc.gov
Tue May 12 11:28:58 EDT 2009

 I guess I am not as dogmatic a purist as you are, Manu, in that I will
accept soltadas or embrace changes as part of tango.  Yes, the 4th
sacada in question may require a release of the embrace, or maybe an
overhead or behind the back salsa- type hand shift, since the leader
spins in the opposite direction from the follower.  These are referred
to by Gustavo Naveira as "fourth sacadas" and by others as "inverted
sacadas."  If you want your nuevo tango to look more pure, it is
preferable to use soltada rather than borrow an overhead hand shift from
another dance.  Its just the pre lead right before the soltada has to be
very clear so the follower knows where to step when there is no embrace.