[Tango-L] 1000 sacadas? More like 48. Was - how many figures

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 00:54:48 EDT 2009

OK, I'll bite.

For the receiver, there are 6  positions; front cross, back cross and opening,
all on either right foot or left foot.

For the giver, there a 6 ways - forward, back and side, with either foot..

That's 36 possibilities. For man or lady being either giver or receiver, that's 72.

Finally, I like to separate linear and circular figures. A Sacada during a walk
feels very different to a Sacada during a Giro..That would bring the total to 144.

I suppose it's possible to distinguish between light and strong Sacadas
as the receiver's leg would react differently. That would make 288.

I'm not even gonna consider a double-foot Sacada :-).

Jack