[Tango-L] How many figures do you need?

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Sat May 9 19:49:22 EDT 2009

I enjoyed my vacation in BA even though some tried to tell me what to do. I observed that the Argentines use the following figures:

Back ocho
Low Boleo
Walking
Ocho Cortado
Giros (called molinetes north of the equator)

I've read messages on Tango A about workshops and festivals for colgaldas, valcadas, sacadas and other figures ending in "adas." It made me wonder how many figures do I need for a good dance.

What figures are missing from the above list you feel are necessary?

How frequently are you able to incorporate what you learned from festivals and workshops into your dance?

It's a slow Saturday night and I'm writing as I listen to Garrison Keillor's monologue. Unfortunately, there's no AT in Lake Wobegone, MN,.

Michael
Washington, DC
I danced Argentine Tango - - with the Argentines