[Tango-L] Comment on the post "How do you decide who to dance with?"

Amaury de Siqueira amaurycdsf at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 10:48:13 EDT 2009

I have been for so long hitting the delete key for most tango postings that often times i forget the reason for such mechanical and thoughtless behavior.

So then sometimes I tell myself... maybe I am too critical or simply wrong about the ideas posted in the list...

In these moments of self-doubt I make the mistake to read a posting...invariably something like the ideas below...

Then I immediately remember the reasons why I should and will continue to hit the delete key before ever opening any of the comments in this list.

Not to leave without a more constructive commentary I will say this:

Tango is a social activity which I construed to mean that we are operating in a social environment... for me to be social is not to have a critical list of prerequisites guiding who I dance or not with.  To be social is to leave one's professional and emotional baggages out of the door and enter a space willing to try... willing to make mistakes and above all willing to live.

Out of this thread and the list.... what a waste.

Amaury