[Tango-L] Mi Gusto es..

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 16:58:11 EDT 2009

O.K. this is strictly a matter of personal taste but I would like
to talk about a recently made video that I find VERY reassuring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcITzQ5viJA
This is it and this is why I like it.
The dancers are EstadoUnidenses they are in the prime of their
life (35yrs) and they are dancing a clean, saavy traditional
social tango. Their moves are not showey but impressive and
do not distract from their embrace nor the music. Their variety
of moves are expressive of the wide range of Milonguero technique.
They have the cadencia, synchopation that makes the dance interesting,
suprising, unpredictable, enjoyable. They are not robotic.
Everything that they do here could be done on a crowded dancefloor
and not bother any other pair of dancers...the key word is 'crowded'.
I like this sample of their dance and would like to see more.
I would gladly study with these people. They awaken my enthusiasm, again.