[Tango-L] New wawe is coming and also perhaps "the Lead pyramid"

Bertil Nestorius bertil36 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:10:27 EDT 2009

This is a very interessting subjekt (the lead of the cross) even though I find Mila and Korey fantastic dancers I don't agree 100% with how the want their students to lead the cross. They speak on the video about leading the spine (or center of weight) on the left or the right side of the standing leg and in this way lead the cross or another back step. This method is good if you have a very good sence of your body, but is definatly not a beginner subject.

What for me is more important is that the method above(I've been using it aswell) doesn't take any use of of the stuctures that the Tango has.

The very most important stucture in the Tango is the Molinette (front-side -back-side), found for the follower in every Giro.As a mather of fact, all stucturers Tango are for the followers.

You find, if you break the 8-step base appart, that it also is in this stucture(a Giro traversing in the room) atleast untill the cross. That makes the cross nothing else as as small front step. With this in mind it is easy to find an much easier(in sence of demand of body awarness) way of leading the cross. Since the the cross is an front step, the step before must be an side step (or better an open step) an hence schould be lead with the schoulder in the same line as the feet, as opposed the our normal forward and backward walking where the schoulders are opposite to our feet. That makes that when I don't want to lead the cross I lead the 4th step(or equivalent) with the schouldes opposite to the feet.

This is nothing but my 5 cent to the topic of Leading the cross, but I hope I have expressed myself clearly and would like to know what others are thinking about this.

Bertil

> Do you think the woman is leading here? No, she is simply demonstating
> what the leader has to do to make the follower cross.  She's not suggesting
> that "she " is the leader in the dance.  Although this is described as a
> beginning class, many leaders who consider themselves way beyond
> beginners still don't know how to effectively lead the cross and could learn
> something valuable here.
>
>> This is THE Tango dance wave of the future...
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmqGUamkOHE
>>..get ready for it...it teaches by hypnosis and it's precedentwas the
>> Emporer's clothes...Soon, the lady will lead as much as the man and it's
>> anybody's guess "who is leading now"...

check out the rest of the Windows Live™.
More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox.
 More than messages