[Tango-L] Aus International TangoFest

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:30:40 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Brick Robbins<brick at fastpack.com> wrote:
> Myk,  in Canberra wrote:
>> In fact, I had no classes with the championship-winning couple, but I
>> hear they were excellent.
>
> Jay Rabe wrote:
>> My personal preference is that names should be used.
>
> Jack Dylan wrote
>>  Also, how can organisers choose potential visiting teachers if no information is available.
>
> And google showed the Aus International Tango festival had  2
> Argentine Couples Teaching http://www.tangofest.com.au/Teachers.html
>
> "Geraldin Rojas and Ezequiel Paludi" are the teachers that were not champions.
>
> Gee....That was hard.

     The trouble is, someone says he got the bios mixed up, someone
else uses the word "gem" and I cannot tell if he's using the word
straight or with sarcasm, so now I am totally confused, and will just
assume both couples suck.  So the good couple has been done a
disservice.

      I think I would have preferred naming names to avoid any
confusion.  All the dropping of "hints" to avoid that is just a copout
anyway, because ostensibly the hints are supposed to lead the reader
to identification of whom is being talked about.  I mean, it's like,
"I don't want to mention any names because I am far too nice to
criticize someone publicly, but here is enough data to reveal who it
is anyway."  Seems kind of hypocritical.

      So maybe it's better to say nothing at all or else come clean
with everything, I don't know.

Huck