[Tango-L] Dark milongas prevent Cabeceo

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Wed Jun 10 18:24:19 EDT 2009

Ta:
The issue is more than just lighting. Very few people use cabeceo.Some
people look comatose while they wait for a dance. They don't look around the
room for a partner, they just stare into the dance floor.

It's just like ballroom. Women just wait to be asked. Never mind that it
would help to show some interest that they want to dance.  Some look
absolutely amazed when they are asked.

With cabeceo, it's 50-50. It's not entirely the man's responsibility to ask.
The woman has an active role. It seems that women feel their role is to
wait-- and wait-- until a tango knight rescues them.

Michael
I danced Argentine Tango - - with the Argentines