[Tango-L] Invitation and Refusal

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 21:58:14 EDT 2009

""In a setting where men are allowed to invite directly, why should
women be not?
Hey! We're living in the 20th century. Why should women not be allowed
to invite a man, rather than sit around all night, because they're not
noticed or unknown or because nobody knows how to use the Cabeceo in
that place. Go women! Do it politely, not being pushy and willing to
accept a refusal. Same rights, same risks. ;-)""- Melina
 I respectfully disagree with Melina. THe man has got to drive the dance.
And so he has got to feel the dance, and he's got to like the music and like his
 partner.
Think of it as an erection. He's got to have it and drive it... If it's up to the guy to make it more than
a mediocre, ho-hum, absent minded, social dance...It's got to be Something moving.. Well then,
 he has got to feel the thing first..It has got to move him; the music, the
 situation, the partner..it has got to be right.
 And then it happens, the possible becomes the actual and both dancers have their
best dance of the night. The dance that they came here for...if however, one would rather
see political correctness then expect a possible political impotence.. go ahead..ask the guy..surprise him
maybe he will not like the song and maybe he will feel pressure and maybe he will have to say NO THANK YOU..
 It's one thing to have to learn to lead and to have to perform and to be rated as a lead with each woman one dances.. and then, NOT to be able to even
choose to what music and with whom to dance...sure, the woman has got all that to live with too..but she can sit back and
wait until someone shows up with the whole package..then she can make the most out of what the emboldened lead delivers..that
sounds like a much more positive equation to me. In other words..please, have patience and wait, ladies.