[Tango-L] Invitation & refusal and dancing to anything.

roger roger at websa.com.au
Tue Jun 9 09:11:55 EDT 2009

I have turned offers of dances down, because I don't feel anything for that
set of songs/tunes and consequently will not do it justice. I will however
promise to dance the next tanda that "turns me on".

This leads me to ask a question:-

Has anyone else noticed that some people seem to dance to everything. I only
want to dance to music that "turns me on" and sometimes feel emotional
exhausted so use the next tanda to recover.

I can remember a million years ago when frequenting discos, that people
would say "this is my favourite, I have to dance to this".

I often fail to see this at milongas that I go to. Some people will dance to
every tanda., indiscriminately. I am interested to know if this is noted
elsewhere.

Roger Spence

Tango Adelaide

www.tangoadelaide.org