[Tango-L] Refusing a dance... <was Re: Is it Balls, or just a Heel?>

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 17:38:20 EDT 2009

From: Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com>
> You don't say what your response to the lady would be. In my case, I'd have to be in real pain before I would turn down a lady's request to dance.

Right! I didn't. Only once did I flat out decline an invitation to dance.

But, I must admit that sometimes I do employ certain evasive techniques. For example, there is this one particular lady with whom I dance and like to dance, actually, but not every single tanda - there are other dancers I'd like to dance with. Many times she comes and parks herself near me, standing there behind me, or something, waiting for the cortina/tanda and I know what's up. If I really do not wish to dance with her, I get up and go to the bar or to the restroom or something like that in order to avoid the potentially unpleasant situation before it even starts playing itself out. So far, there has been no problems with that. I rationalize that that, somewhat sneaky behaviour, is like a cabeceo situation where I simply do not look at her.

...dubravko
P.S. Hi "Jack"
seek, appreciate, and create beauty
this life is not a rehearsal