[Tango-L] > 4. What do you think? (Trini y Sean (PATangoS))

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 18:49:59 EDT 2009

IMHO, as a fan of ballet and modern dance, when her leg flew outstretched
above her hips eg 5:49 and 6:00 and she suspended it there eg 5:00 made it
ballet like.

But what style was it?

If I look at http://www.tejastango.com/tango_styles.html (and many other
sites have similar interpretations) the style fits into Fantasia.  They are
excellent at this kind of dance but I do not know if they can really
translate it into traditional tango dancing.  However,
http://buffalotango.com/html/l_-_tango_styles.html suggests that
Fantasia/Show tango will help you in your "normal' tango.

BTW, the move at 4:20 (and similar) was demonstrated several times in a
tango show in Melbourne on the weekend by salon/milonguero dancers.  Is it a
trend?

I do like what Sebastian said at the beginning.