[Tango-L] What do you think?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 14:02:35 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to get others' analysis of this performance by Sebastian Arce and Marianna Montes.  I think highly of Sebastian and Marianna as teachers and dancers.  As I watched this performance, however, I began to think that he was going to lift her up in the air over his head, and I realized that somewhere they had wandered into modern dance or ballet territory.  That's what one expects when one sees modern dance or ballet.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out when that change occurred for me.  I'd like to see what others knowledgeable about modern dance or ballet think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/liffeylinda#play/all/uploads-all/0/yJHIUdavnKk

I'd like to hear from those who can analyze it intelligently and dispassionately, and not just give personal opinions.

Thanks,
Trini