[Tango-L] sad news - Fwd: Vivian "Bibi" Wong Memorial Event and Milonga

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Sat Jan 24 14:59:05 EST 2009

I am still lurking. If I get lucky, this will get through because I
loved Bibi as a friend, and I would suggest that all those who miss her
and would like to know who she was put "Bibi Wong" into google and you
will find umpteen postings of her in the tango-l archive, also her
professional profile and other links to her. I still have some photos of
me and her in my screensaver folder and maybe I should upload one to my
tribe.net album with a few words of farewell to a friend I respected
very much. Bibi had a way of looking stunningly pretty and perfect on
each and every photo of her and she had lots of them as she would travel
around the world, go to the milonga whereever she was, put her arms
around the shoulders of the people around her and have her picture taken
this way. I got to see all kinds of interesting tango dancers this way
that I had only heard about before.
I would like to say that Bibi Wong was also the one who went to
Triangulo, New York and took a photo of Carlos Lima, and then went to
Club Canaro in Tokyo and took a photo of me, and sent those photos to
both of us. This was in the age when digital cameras were not so popular
yet but she had one, and this way Carlos and I could finally see each
other, after writing to each other almost every day for a year already.
This is one of the long kept secrets behind tango-L. ; )

Cheers
(is what Carlos used to say, where are you now, Carlos?)
Astrid, still in Tokyo