[Tango-L] Lunfardo II - rectification

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 22:03:47 EST 2009

Many of us may be using, at times, lunfardo words, not realizing that they come from that slang.

I checked the dictionary of lunfardo on line.

Letter A : I found 12 words that I recognized - Out of those words I would probably occasionally use two.

Letter B : I found 17 words that I recognized - out of those words I could use about 9.

The use of lunfardo could be more prevalent in some social circles.  Many words filtrated into daily language.

You will be able to communicate if you totally ignore lunfardo.

When somebody uses a lunfardo word or expression that you do not understand they will then use another word or expression
to make sure they are understood.