[Tango-L] The Lead Pyramid

Noughts damian.thompson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:00:11 EST 2009

Larry - that is a perfect example of what never to do.  You never need
to stop a lady with your hand for a parada mid weight or not.  If the
lady is following, she will maintain her distance and that is all she
needs.  The only time I would ever use my hand is to stop an
accident....

Does it mean that it's wrong - no, this was taught for years and years
so must be valid.  It's just that it can easily be done without the
hand in the middle of the back and therefore create a smoother,
gentler lead

Damian.

"One example where hands are essential is when we lead a parada in the
middle of a back ocho.  Here we have to separate our torsos at the end
of the movement.  One hand is used as a brake on the back of our
partner, the other to block them from moving forward.  Our two hands
oppose each other, pushing gently but firmly in opposite directions to
freeze our partner in place with legs apart and weight on both feet."