[Tango-L] help grouping

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Mon Feb 16 00:43:06 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Amaury de Siqueira
<amaurycdsf at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am not familiar at all with different orchestras.  I need some help with
existing  schema (models) that would facilitate my understanding of rhythm,
mood, style, etc...

Ron Weigel wrote:

Stephen Brown does a very good job of grouping orchestras by style on
his web site:

http://www.tejastango.com/tango_music.html

This web site was my guide when I first starting DJing.
<<<

I would very much agree with Ron about Steve Brown's site.  Having danced to
his DJing several times at memorable events, in my experience his insight
comes through in his live DJing.  When three of us first tried to get
started DJing, we all printed out copies of his relevant web pages when we
had our meetings.

I would add Keith Elshaw's vast labor of tango love at www.totango.net,
where his extensive background in audio engineering adds a lot to many of
his investigations and selections.

All the best,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, CO USA
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"