[Tango-L] improving discussion in our forum -- sugestions

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 15:56:47 EST 2009

It just so happens that I was in that same class, Jack, when Susana shocked me too with her statement about the "myth." But, when you look at her leading, she does it with her whole frame, of course, not only the arms (someone else mentioned that on this list), unless she is exaggerating to illustrate something. Also, I took quite a few private lessons with Ana Maria and I never ever heard her say to lead with arms (only).

On the other hand I followed a few milongueros in various classes to feel what their lead feels like and occasionally I did feel a strong hand lead - perhaps they felt that otherwise I would not get the lead, I don't know.

In my view, there may be some very exceptional cases of dancing chest-to-chest when some more action of arms may be a bit helpful, but in general it should not be necessary at all.

So, no big deal. Whatever works and is comfortable to both partners is fine with me. There is no Central Committee on tango, no?

...dubravko

seek, appreciate, and create beauty
this life is not a rehearsal