[Tango-L] Thoughts

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:49:00 EST 2009

When I see somebody like Fabrizio Forti dancing I think...

He is dancing "traditional tango" The way we all danced in my neighborhood.  Long steps, an elastic embrace, in "V", close for walking and with more opening to execute certain figures. Stepping either toe first (most people) or heel first (many).

Utilizing all the elements of tango, embellishments, some colgadas, some soltadas with change of embrace, some volcadas, etc.

I think "What a beautiful dance our tango is".

Best regards, Sergio

PS. This style is not for crowded dance floors.