[Tango-L] Abusing the available space

John Lowry john at lowry.com.au
Tue Dec 29 17:17:14 EST 2009

Valerie says:
Consider for a minute anyone you know who behaves responsibly. Did he
or she learn etiquette from a teacher? Probably not. Polite people
seem to come pre-packaged..............

Probably did.  The teacher is usually a parent.

The people with no navigation skills, watching their feet, rote
(figures) learned so they can't stop, even when they want to,
compulsive amateur "teachers" ("you're meant to do this" - if I was
subjected to this humiliation I would immediately leave the floor) and
the overblown male and female egos stand out like a beacon.  Mostly
they are decent, polite people.  Apart from the last, it is
substantially a teaching / learning problem, and even the last may be
moderated by a tactful teacher.
John