[Tango-L] Abusing the available space (reply pt.2)

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 12:45:12 EST 2009

There is a simple solution to this endless  discussion of “them” taking up
too much floor space.
Think about what you  said “avoid them and give them exactly what they want
…floor space” Why would  you give in to exactly what they want?

“We “ the traditional dancers with  superior floor craft against “Them”
the mediocre dancers with very little floor  craft and no regard for anyone
that gets in their way. I think we would win this  battle.

What I’ve noticed is that “they” have very little  improvisational leading
skills so when they try to intimidate you with a few  high boleos, simply
dance up close to them and I mean within inches and stay  there. They don’t
have the skill to get away from you because you’re a better  dancer. If they
try going to the left you do a quick giro to the right and  surround them
again. It’s so simple and it works, after a few short seconds of  you sticking
to them like glue they get frustrated and either walk to the center  or in
most cases walk off the floor. This will encourage them to find a  different
venue where they can dance that style.

In a message dated  12/24/2009 11:40:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,