[Tango-L] SA- Nuevo Theory vs Practice: Creating a Social

RonTango rontango at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:41:27 EST 2009

----- Original Message ----
> From: "jb34528 at att.net" <jb34528 at att.net>
>
> The separation in BsAs you describe below is by the (average,median) age of the
> dancers. I am not sure following that path is in the best interest of tango.
> Jan

"Not in the best interest of tango"?

How about a rationale behind that assertion?

Should we second guess the porten~os?

What is in the best interest of tango? How about allowing people to create their own niche rather than forcing the will of the majority (or space consuming minority) on everyone? It takes nearly an entire room of traditional dancers to create a traditional milonga, but it only takes 3 or 4 couples to turn it inot a nuevo fiesta.

Ron