[Tango-L] New entry fee into Argentina

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Dec 15 08:02:50 EST 2009

According to a recent interview with Migration Authority ( from Argentina), the inflow from us citizens to Argentina was around 240.000 people a year. And from argentine citizens to USA, 220.000.

Here in Buenos Aires, to obtain a tourist visa , it is necessary to pay beforehand usd 131, that are not refundable if the visa is rejected.

As it may be seen as a retaliation, it is also a reminder to us authorities in Argentina, specially the consulate section, that it is more than enough to pay usd 131 , and to be treated afterwards as cattle  marshalled to a slaughter house, as is the way us consulate treat argentine citizens.

I work in a japanese company as accountant , and need to go for a meeting into Indianapolis , last year . After a long, dark and troublesome  red tape, I was allowed an entry visa .

The new US ambassador to Argentina, said this days that US government wants to have good relationship with Argentina, since there are 115 american companies in Argentina that employs 300.000 people .

Maybe is a good time to sit us consulate authorities and migration authorities from argentina, and to see wether is possible to improve visa paperwork in us embassy in buenos aires.

as it is today, is a nightmare. US citizen arriving to buenos aires , just have to pay usd 131 . Argentine citizen, has to pay , may the queue, and if rejected , the only refund it receives is a sharp shot in the behind

alberto