[Tango-L] Nuevo Theory vs Practice: Creating a Social Nuevo, plus my pet dancefloor peeves

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 23:47:34 EST 2009

--- On Mon, 12/14/09, Alexis Cousein <al at sgi.com> wrote:

> Simply point out that
> a) he's being rude

Yeah, I've done that once or twice. More often I just
give cold looks to the guys stepping against the
line of dance. Maybe I should be more vocal. I don't
want the speedboats of the world to go on thinking
that everything is OK.

I've written to a couple of festival organizers about
the lack of floorcraft at their festivals. One said
only, "Yeah, I see it too" without elaboration.
The other suggested there was nothing he could do
about it. Well, I guess it's up to me, then.

> a move that reminds people of an olympic hammer throw.

Thanks for the laugh. I once saw a step which I
imagined was a place-kick as in American football.
(I guess it was a linear voleo of some kind.)