[Tango-L] No Nuevo (as a style) - according to the Naveiras

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 05:15:16 EST 2009

> From: ECSEDY Áron <aron at milonga.hu>
>

> We have made a small experiment with some tango teachers (who - even by
> their own admission - have fairly similar styles and priorities) in Hungary:
>
> The task was to do the same: "lead simple backwards ochos" (there was no
> other desription of the task, to allow for personal differences to emerge).

I don't really get this. No one has ever suggested that those dancing the
same 'style' would dance EXACTLY the same and would 'feel' the same
to every partner.

On that premise everyone in the world dances a different 'style'. Maybe
that's what you're trying to say but I don't think you need any experiments
to prove what everyone already knows.

Jack