[Tango-L] No Nuevo (as a style) - according to the Naveiras

Valerie Dark valerie.dark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:22:43 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It seems we now have 2 separate Tangos that cannot assimilate and I don't
> think this has happened before.

I like to go to the milongas de barrio away from El Centro in Buenos
Aires. You see dancing you could never have imagined. Two separate
tangos? Try two hundred! The diversity is fabulous. Tango is a folk
dance. Though there may be core elements that are more or less evident
throughout tango, social tango isn't the codified sport you might see
at Blackpool. Thank goodness!

Valerie

--
Cryptic Ember
Tango stories by pseudonymous author Valerie Dark