[Tango-L] best floor finish for tango

meaning of life kushi_bushi at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 15:12:07 EDT 2009

fwiw

our dance floor is a suspended floor made out of osb. i personally like the pattern of the osb, so we finished the floor with 4 coats of commercial water based garage floor clear epoxy, so the osb shows through perfectly. this floor has been problem free for a number of years with heavy tango, exotic and ballet dancing as well as martial arts use. we were going to do a final finish with polyurethane, to smooth it a bit more, but never did. we chose to leave a bit of "tooth" on the osb, so the dancers would always be able "grab some floor". a quick wipe with a damp cloth and the floor is ready to go

The Tangonista
Sponsered by P.E.T.A. (People Expressing Tango Attitude)
NOTICE - no cats were injured in the making of our music